[arch-dev-public] [signoff] devtools 0.9.2

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Feb 17 10:41:06 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 16:09 +0100, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2010 16:02:26 schrieb Allan McRae:
> > But could we just diff each of the "${source[@]} $install" files
> > individually?  We could do this as we loop to check all source files are
> > present in SVN.
>
> and what about files that are not part of the PKGBUILD? e.g. scripts that
> create the source tar, install files (ok, those are easy to check, except for
> split packages).
>
> Before I do such complicated stuff I prefer the current method which is
> absolutely safe.
>
> Half-OT: Does anybody know a way to optimize svn on gerolde? It really got
> extreme slow on every operation.

(maybe set LANG/LC_ALL/whatever to C first)

_trunk=$(svn info | grep 'Last Changed Rev:' | awk '{ print $4 }')
_repo=$(svn info ../repos/extra-i686 | grep 'Last Changed Rev:' | awk
'{ print $4 }')

if [ $_trunk -gt $_repo ]; then
  do your voodoo here
fi

I think this covers most issues here. When repos/* is newer than trunk,
it has already been committed, or someone did local commits inside
repos/. In the first case there's no need to commit, in the last case we
don't want to commit without manual inspection first.