[arch-dev-public] [IDEA] no packages older than one year in repos

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Feb 21 02:40:19 EST 2010

On 21/02/10 01:00, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> a slightly modified approach with some pros (no unnecessary rebuilds)

I think you missed the part about it being good to rebuild things with
the newer toolchain.  So any binary package is worth rebuilding.  I
suppose arch=any packages could be skipped.

> and some cons (more administration overhead):

Any administration overhead is needed to be avoided as it is likely
that such things block progress.

At the moment, it is easy to just sort the repos by last updated on the
package search page and do some rebuilds if you have got some time.  If
we decide that this would be a goal to have, they can easily be added to
the Unimportant Rebuild List page.