[arch-dev-public] Automating creation of i686 chroots on x86_64 systems with mkarchroot.

Daniel J Griffiths (Ghost1227) ghost1227 at archlinux.us
Tue Feb 23 20:17:22 EST 2010

I've always thought the method of modifying your local mirrorlist,
running mkarchroot, then reverting the changes to be more tedious than
necessary for creation of i686 chroots on x86_64. My recent work with
setting up a dedicated build server gave me plenty of time and an
excuse to actually do something about it. As such, I've put together a
little patch that allows specification of creation of an i686 chroot
at runtime. When set, this flag will automatically modify your local
mirrorlist, create the requested i686 chroot, then revert the changes
to the mirrorlist file. I don't know if others would find this useful
or not, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post it.