[arch-dev-public] Namcap/XZ compatibility (was: Accept any *.pkg.tar.* package file name)

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Feb 26 07:24:13 EST 2010

Am Montag, 22. Februar 2010 06:55:03 schrieb Dan McGee:
> > It might sound silly but the probably easiest solution might be to modify
> > namcap to support uncompressed tar archives. Then we can add a simple
> > Bash wrapper script which uncompresses the package and calls namcap with
> > the pure tar.
>
> Looking at the code, there is nothing preventing this right now- we
> just use a generic tar interface which will support any compression or
> no compression at all.

For those who want to check their xz packages before the next namcap released
I have added the relevant patches to namcap 2.4:

https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/packages/namcap-2.4-1.1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/packages/namcap-2.4-1.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

And the PKGBUILD including the patches can be found at

https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre/packages/namcap-2.4-1.1.src.tar.gz

Greetings,

Pierre