[arch-dev-public] kernel 2.6.33-1

Daniel Isenmann daniel.isenmann at gmx.de
Sat Feb 27 10:53:02 EST 2010

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:46:16 +0100
Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> kernel 2.6.33 first test run ...
>
> Upstream changes:
> http://kernelnewbies.org/LinuxChanges
>
> Arch Linux bugfixes/feature requests:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18249 # added HPET
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17970 # added CONFIG_USB_GSPCA_PAC7302
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17791 # added UTS_NAMESPACE
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17756 # added CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER for
> WCHAN http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16715 # added Linux Container
> support
> - added jfs and reiserfs statistics
>
> Arch Linux changes:
> - changed radeon kms enabled by default
> - merged ext2/ext3 support into ext4 module
> - nouveau module is still provided as out-of-tree module, it's more
> up to date.
>
> Broken binary modules:
> - lirc,fcpcmcia,madwifi,tiacx though no fix available yet.
>
> Needs to rebuild:
> - 686 modem binary modules
>
> Enjoy have fun and give me feedback,
> greetings
> tpowa

I have no special setup. Kernel is running fine, only new message in
dmesg is:

EXT4-fs (sdb1): Ignoring delalloc option - requested data journaling
mode
EXT4-fs (sdb1): mounted filesystem with journalled data mode

I can't remember that this message was there before. The partition
is an ext3 partition mounted as ext4.

Apart from those two messages is everything fine.

 -Daniel