[arch-dev-public] Cron

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 3 22:28:00 EST 2010

Paul Mattal wrote:
> We've got several bugs relating to choosing a new default cron daemon,
> and/or supporting other alternatives.
<snip>

I thought we decided on fcron with the small adjustment/script needed to
support /etc/cron.d in the last round of discussion about this.  bcron
was also popular (+1 from me...) but then we need an anacron replacement
too (i.e. fcron).

Aaron has repeatedly called for someone to deal with this and we have
had a total of zero volunteers to do so...  So if you are going to do
this then it would be great. (also have a look at mailman in svn trunk
if you have time :P )

Allan