[arch-dev-public] [signoff] dcron 4.2
paul at mattal.com
Mon Jan 11 08:06:51 EST 2010
On 01/06/2010 01:09 AM, Paul Mattal wrote:
> Proposal: We stay with dcron into the 4.0 series, with a
> longer-than-usual testing window so the transition is smooth, and see if
> it meets our collective needs. Jim may be willing to add functionality
> we find lacking.
> Please get your votes and comments in by the weekend, if possible. I'd
> like to move on this next week, if we have agreement.
I've just placed dcron 4.2 into [testing]. This is a major update to
dcron, under a new maintainer (who is an Arch user, and very
responsive). With this release, I am also taking over maintaining dcron
I'd like to get 2 signoffs for each architecture for this one, since it
represents a lot of new functionality. Full changelist since 3.2 inlined
below. For further info, and a full git history, see:
For more information,
* Makefile tweaks; moved more constants to #defines.
* Fixed bug in parsing some numeric fields in crontabs. (Terminus of
wasn't being modded.)
* Updated Makefile to make it easier to customize timestamps at configure
time. Also, if LC_TIME is defined when crond runs, we use that
compiled-in default (for logging to files, to customize syslog
syslog-ng's 'template' command).
* Fixed Makefile permissions on crond and crontab binaries.
* Jim Pryor took over development; folded in changes from his fork
* Applied "Daniel's patch" from dcron 3.x tarballs to enable logging
to syslog or
files. Added further logging improvements.
* Added -m user at host and -M mailer options
* Various crontab syntax extensions, including "2nd Monday of every
@reboot, @daily, and finer-grained frequency specifiers.
* Jobs can wait until AFTER other jobs have finished.
* Enhanced parsing of cron.update file, to make it possible for
interact with a running crond in limited ways.
* Various internal changes
* Updated Makefile, manpage buildchain, and docs
More information about the arch-dev-public