[arch-dev-public] [signoff] dcron 4.4
paul at mattal.com
Mon Jan 18 22:33:34 EST 2010
This is the final test release before we go to [core] with the new
crond. Please signoff, one for each architecture.
Aside from the upstream changes, two packaging items:
* I've decided to leave the crond logrotate script here for now,
unless/until aaron (syslog-ng maintainer) thinks we should take it into
that package. I'd rather tackle that effort in a separate step, rather
than have it block launching the new 4.x dcron series.
* I've added an optdepend on smtp-server to address FS #12662.
Upstream release log below:
dcron 4.4 released. Changes:
* Finished mailjobs were being left as zombie processes. Fixed.
* When using crond with logging-to-file, user jobs could only log some
events if they had write access to the log. Fixed this by having crond
keep a file descriptor open to the log; also added a SIGHUP handler
to make crond re-open the logfile. The sample logrotate script now
sends that signal.
* More sensible command-line parsing by crontab.
* Add prune-cronstamps to extra; document extra/*; general improvement
of README and manpages.
* Portability improvements, and defs.h now has fuller comments about
* Makefile improvements: `make` now caches variables for `make install`;
don't stomp CFLAGS environment variable, and added
* Thanks to Juergen Daubert for testing and suggestions.
More information about the arch-dev-public