[arch-dev-public] Fwd: FS#17503: [unzip] zsh completion missing for unzip patches

Thayer Williams thayerw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 15:06:16 EST 2010

Hoping for some feedback here from more experienced devs on this one:

At some point we began patching unzip with additional flags, allowing it to
properly extract UTF-encoded zip files made on the win32 platform. Apparently
this has broken zsh autocompletion features.  Similar unzip patches have been
submitted upstream and all have been rejected. Upstream has considered adding
proper support, but has stopped short of committing to it.

The question is do we keep the patch and make this a zsh issue, or do we
remove the patch, fixing zsh in the process and screwing some win32 zip files?

More info:

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17503
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15256