[arch-dev-public] libpng todo list

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:20:35 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Ionut Biru <biru.ionut at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/19/2010 02:32 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
>>
>> Pierre Schmitz wrote:

>>> It seems the most important packages are rebuild now. What do you guys
>>> think to merge the jpng repo into testing now? This way we might speed up
>>> the process and the TUs could start building packages for
>>> community-testing.
>>>

>> Sounds fine. It looks like less patching is needed for libpng that was
>> initially thought.
>>
>> A big cheer to all those who have helped out with the rebuild so far
>> (Andrea, Eric, Ionut, Jan and Pierre). I have not been any help due to
>> work commitments. A quick count shows there are still 99 packages left
>> to be rebuilt for [extra] so there is plenty of scope for the rest of us
>> to lend a hand.
>>
>> Allan
>>

> i'll send a warning now and in the morning i'll move them all. btw there is
> a script that can be used to moved all packages or i have to use db-move?
>
> --
> Ionut

Just a heads up. I had to fix the imlib, imlib2 and imagemagick
packages that were initially put in the jpng repo.  There was
undefined symbols in the libraries. I believe it only affects when you
try to link the library.  So packages that were successfully built
against the broken libs are probably OK. I haven't tested though.

BTW, when trying to rebuild xfig and transfig, I'm getting this error:

dev/libtransfig.a(readpng.o): In function `read_png':
readpng.c:(.text+0x6a2): undefined reference to `png_set_dither'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [fig2dev] Error 1

I didn't find any mention about png_set_dither in the libpng 1.4.0
docs. Did another rebuilder encountered this problem? Does anyone know
how to fix it? For the time being, I'll skip it.

Another problem: Even after patching for libpng, xine-ui doesn't work.
The window appears for a second then prints bunch of error messages
like :

IMLIB ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/xine/skins/xine_splash.png
All fallbacks failed.
xiTK WARNING(xitk_image_load_image:1646): xitk_image_load_image():
couldn't find image /usr/share/xine/skins/xine_splash.png
IMLIB ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/xine/skins/xinetic/MainBg.png
All fallbacks failed.

I'll also skip it for now. If anyone has an idea on how to fix it or
wants to work on  it, go ahead.