[arch-dev-public] KDE 4.4 SC available in [kde-unstable]

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sat Jan 23 10:19:41 EST 2010

Hi everybody,

we are working on the upcoming KDE SC release for some time now but we
have reached a state when we would like to invite you to help us testing
the new packages. There are about two weeks left until KDE SC 4.4 will
finally be released; so the current snapshot is quite usable.

Especially Devs and TUs should use the kde-unstable repository and check
if their Qt or KDE related applications still work. If KDE 4.4 or Qt 4.6
does break your app please add Andrea and me to the assignees so we get an
overview of the "damage".

There is a small guide about using the kde-unstable repository at
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:KDE#Users So, if you feel
you need to tell others about kde-unstable please always add a link to that
page. Especially the repository ordering is important.

Happy testing and thanks for your feedback,

Pierre