[arch-dev-public] FAILURE

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Tue Jan 26 05:06:02 EST 2010

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Thomas Bächler wrote:

> In what great detail you describe the nature of your problem is truely
> astonishing.

Sry. I haven't had the time yesterday to investigate this more. I just
wanted to warn to prevent you moving the packages.

Today before work I downgraded udev to 149 and to module-init-tools from
core repo and this solved the booting issue for me. I was put into rescue
shell because the filesystem had a mounting time from the future. We had
this in the past in our initscripts due to an unwanted "&" somewhere.

Checking the logs shows that kernel log is active and boot process goes
further without any weird msg. It just doesn't print anything to the
screen. After long tme waiting a login prompt comes up but no filesystem
seems mounted. My / and /home are both ext4. I also have reiserfs for my
chroot disc and /tmpfs for /tmp and nfs for storage.

Maybe you have an idea how we can investigate it further when I will come
home.

-Andy