[arch-dev-public] [signoff] zlib 1.2.3.7-1 (libxml2 2.7.6-2)

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Jan 27 14:31:27 EST 2010

Am Sonntag, 24. Januar 2010 14:32:15 schrieb Pierre Schmitz:
> here is another upstream update (yes, I skipped .5 and .6). I also added a
> patch to libxml2 which had misused some private zlib API and triggers a
> crash.

I am sorry, but it seems this version does not work well with php. So,
everybody using php should avoid updating zlib for now.

The problem was originally reported here at
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17987 but I opened a separate report at
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18042 (including a usefull backtrace)

ATM I don't know if htat is a php or zlib problem. Suggestions are welcome.
:-)

Greetings and sorry for any breakage,

Pierre