[arch-dev-public] WARNING libpng/libjpeg hits testing

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jan 28 20:02:59 EST 2010

On 29/01/10 10:44, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2010 21:30:57 schrieb Andreas Radke:
>> I can build the remaining OOo stable packages within one day or so. No
>> big deal. A problem might be the go-oo pkg. I don't know if the old
>> stable pkg will be also run into the stripping issue.
>
> You mean this: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17656 That's no big deal. Just
> adjust the library permissions to 755 or 644. I don't see any reason in having
> them 444 or 555 if they are owned by root anyway.

I agree.  444 and 555 library permissions are stupid.  Does makepkg
actually error out at trying to strip them?  The "fix" I have proposed
for makepkg just ignores libraries without write permissions when usign
fakeroot (the only case strip actually fails).  Perhaps namcap should
warn about these.

Allan