[arch-dev-public] [signoff] filesystem 2010.02-1

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sun Jan 31 17:22:46 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-31 at 18:46 +0100, Andreas Radke wrote:
> I've added "include /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*.conf"
> into /etc/ld.so.conf + the /etc/ld.so.conf.d directory.
>
> So we are no more forced to touch ld.so.conf directly. New xulrunner
> pkg will make use of it to detect the openjdk6 plugin.
>
> Please migrate the change from the ld.so.conf.pacnew file you will
> receive.
>
> For the future we should clean up packages that touched ld.so.conf
> directly. On my system these paths were added:
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib
> /usr/lib/libfakeroot
> /opt/lib32/lib
> /opt/lib32/usr/lib
>
> Please signoff.

It would be nicer if you did the change automatically from
post_install/post_upgrade. Detecting the presence of the include is
simple done with grep, and adding it is a simple echo. Other packages
touch this file directly and will get changed to dropping an
ld.so.conf.d file in the future, those packages will stop working if
this ld.so.conf change isn't done.
The filesystem package touches the group and passwd files in the same
way, so there's no excuse not to do this change automatically.