[arch-dev-public] Fwd: FS#17503: [unzip] zsh completion missing for unzip patches

Thayer Williams thayerw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 15:35:44 EST 2010

On Jan 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Thayer Williams <thayerw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Thayer Williams <thayerw at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The question is do we keep the patch and make this a zsh issue, or do we
> > > remove the patch, fixing zsh in the process and screwing some win32 zip files?
> > >
> > > More info:
> > >
> > > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17503
> > > http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15256
> >
> > Can we get one of the broken win32 zip files to verify? I wonder if
> > bsdtar can extract them. If so, then I say we remove the patch as we
> > then have an alternative
>
> I was wondering the same because p7zip can unzip too and its GPLed. I'll see
> what I can find.

Attached is a test archive grabbed from Ubuntu launchpad:

    "This file is compressed with a hungarian localized windows with
    iso-8859-2 character encoding, and it cannot be extracted using
    file-roller. The error message is caution: filename not matched:
    01_KB_eln\?k.pdf . The name of the file should be 01_KB_elnök.pdf
    (with double accented o)"

It extracts correctly with 7z, but not with bsdtar or unzip.  If that's good
enough for you I'll pull the unzip patch.