[arch-dev-public] Python-3.x transition with python-2.7 update

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Jul 7 20:56:39 EDT 2010

On 05/07/10 23:11, Allan McRae wrote:
<snip>

> Because this rebuild is crazy stupid, I would like to plan when it is
> going to occur. We will need to clear out [testing] as much as possible
> over the coming week or two (what is happening with perl...). Also, a
> new KDE is a the beginning of next month so I would not want to conflict
> with that. Any other major rebuilds on the way? Should we do this in a
> separate repo?

Well, no-one has mentioned anything...

I will schedule this for the week starting August the 9th.  This is
after the KDE 4.5 release but before the first beta for GNOME 3.0.  It
will also give us plenty of time to clean out [testing] and perhaps get
that [staging] repo running?

It will also happen to correspond with the release of this awesome
python 3 book:
https://www.packtpub.com/python-3-object-oriented-programming/book .
(Hi Dusty!)

Does this sound reasonable to everyone or have I missed a major release
that this will block?

Allan