[arch-dev-public] Python-3.x transition with python-2.7 update

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 08:25:32 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 08/07/10 18:34, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:56:39 +1000, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I will schedule this for the week starting August the 9th.  This is
>>> after the KDE 4.5 release but before the first beta for GNOME 3.0.  It
>>> will also give us plenty of time to clean out [testing] and perhaps
>>> get that [staging] repo running?
>>
>> I would like to implement that...but I am really unsure if people want
>> me to or not.
>
> I say go ahead and do it.  I work on the principle that if no-one speaks out
> against it, then it is a good idea...

I'll speak out against it- not super strongly, but still a -1. We had
an unstable repo for ages and it was completely underused. Now we are
establishing another repo that will probably always have to be enabled
in lockstep with [testing] anyway. I guess I just think we could use
[testing] more effectively rather than adding some new [staging] repo.

-Dan