[arch-dev-public] Python-3.x transition with python-2.7 update

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 08:34:14 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 7:30 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 07:25:32 -0500, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>>> On 08/07/10 18:34, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>>>> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:56:39 +1000, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>> I will schedule this for the week starting August the 9th.  This is
>>>>> after the KDE 4.5 release but before the first beta for GNOME 3.0.  It
>>>>> will also give us plenty of time to clean out [testing] and perhaps
>>>>> get that [staging] repo running?
>>>> I would like to implement that...but I am really unsure if people want
>>>> me to or not.
>>> I say go ahead and do it.  I work on the principle that if no-one speaks out
>>> against it, then it is a good idea...
>> I'll speak out against it- not super strongly, but still a -1. We had
>> an unstable repo for ages and it was completely underused. Now we are
>> establishing another repo that will probably always have to be enabled
>> in lockstep with [testing] anyway. I guess I just think we could use
>> [testing] more effectively rather than adding some new [staging] repo.
> Please reread my proposal. It's completely different from the unstable
> repo and also includes a new policy for testing. Anyway; this wont work
> at all if not everybody will use it and just use testing as we do now.
> So for now I wont waste time on this idea as long as there was no
> decision.

Yes, part of the reason I hadn't responded before was that I didn't
have time to read it back then, and it had slipped my mind. I will
read it and attempt to give you more constructive feedback.


More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list