[arch-dev-public] perl 5.12 status?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 29 01:15:50 EDT 2010

On 29/07/10 12:17, K. Piche wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 13:58 -0400, K. Piche wrote:

>>> I have asked the same question to Kevin a few days ago, saying I could help him if needed.
>>> He replied on Tuesday, saying he was going to push it out on Wednesday. I replied that he
>>> needs to rebuild perl because I fixed the provides array in trunk since his last build
>>> (which was in May I think), and that he also needs to re-consider this:
>>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13808
>>>
>>> Have not heard back from him, but hopefully all this perl stuff will get out of testing soon.

>> I rebuilt perl with the updated provides array.  I want to get this out
>> of testing so I'll deal with the stupid/annoying FHS bug later.
>>
>> If there's no objections I'll migrate perl tomorrow.

> Speaking of which, I recall emails about removing the testing2* but they
> still exist so this is still the official method?

testing2x is the way to go.  If you have switched some packages to
arch=any you may need some intervention (but I am really not sure...)

> Also, I'd like to ditch the gift* packages - how is something moved to
> AUR?  I didn't see anything on the devwiki.

Why? The normal procedure is to post saying you are removing them and
why and perhaps give someone else (including TUs) the chance to adopt them.

In essence, you remove the package and manually upload to the AUR
(remember to orphan it there).

Allan