[arch-dev-public] WARNING: Update to FluxBB 1.4.1

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Thu Jul 29 13:06:58 EDT 2010

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:42:24 +0200, Pierre Schmitz
<pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have finished my preparation for the FluxBB update. The whole concept
> can be found at my profile page:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Pierre#FluxBB_1.4_Upgrade This
> will take about 3 hours. The update script itself run for more than two
> hours (assuming the server is similar in speed as my desktop). I also
> need to try to repair some previous failed conversions.
>
> If you like to join me or see the current status visit #archlinux-dev
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre

The import and convert of the db might take some more time. Somehow
disc i/o on gudrun is extreme slow. E.g. the import of the db dump is
still running and I guess in the end it will finish in about an hour or
more. On my local desktop this took one or two minutes... (or maybe
innodb is 100 times slower than myisam)

So be patient; forums are hopefully back online by tomorrow. :-)