[arch-dev-public] [signoff] udev 157-1, initscripts 2010.06-2, mkinitcpio 0.6.5-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Thu Jun 10 03:28:45 EDT 2010

Am 03.06.2010 14:57, schrieb Thomas Bächler:
> You should upgrade and test these together (don't forget to regenerate
> initramfs when you're upgraded). The new udev should work without the
> new initscripts and mkinitcpio, but udev-based network device renaming
> will fail in that case.
>
> udev is an upstream update with mostly bugfixes, but some changes in
> behaviour. Most importantly, NAME= rules are being ignored now, you can
> not change the kernel's predefined device name anymore.
>
> initscripts changes:
> Dan McGee (1):
>       Include _netdev option in NETFS list when calling fsck
>
> Thomas Bächler (2):
>       Only mount /proc, /sys and /dev if they haven't been mounted
> already, use devtmpfs instead of tmpfs if supported by the kernel
>       Add --action=add to udevadm trigger
>
> mkinitcpio changes:
> Thomas Bächler (5):
>       Do not umount /proc and /sys before switch_root, but mount --move
> them into the real root
>       Mount tmpfs or (if supported) devtmpfs on /dev, move it into the
> real root before switch_root
>       udev hook: Add --action=add to udevadm trigger
>       udev hook: Add ata_id, path_id, scsi_id and usb_id to allow
> complete persistent storage rules
>       Release 0.6.5
>
> For the future, we now fully support devtmpfs. It is recommended (but
> not required (yet)) by upstream. Using devtmpfs gets rid of a small
> number of race conditions.
>
> I tested devtmpfs on a custom kernel, and with the exception of one
> short (and harmless) error message (mknod: /dev/rtc0: device exists), it
> works fine. Getting rid of that error message requires further
> consideration, as we can fix a bug with some custom kernel
> configurations at the same time if we do it right. For now, I will
> ignore this and please ask for testing and signoffs.

More small fixes to initscripts. Most importantly, a few errors with
devtmpfs are removed. Please sign off again:

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi (1):
      Add nodevtmpfs at rc.shutdown when umount

Thomas Bächler (4):
      Do not redirect the standard error of fsck to /dev/null by default
      Rewrite early RTC device creation
      Initialize /etc/mtab by copying /proc/mounts
      network, rc.conf: Add NETWORK_PERSIST option