[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pacman 3.4.0-2

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 08:57:03 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 17/06/10 12:34, Dan McGee wrote:
>>
>> Upstream release, please signoff.
>>

> Please make sure to update your makepkg.conf when updating to this,
> _including in your chroots_.  There may be file stripping issues if you do
> not...
>
> And a summary of the upstream changes:
> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/tree/NEWS?id=v3.4.0

OK, new -2 release in testing with the following changes, I'd like
signoffs for real this time around:
* We now have manpages
* Fix optdepends
* Patch the above mentioned strip libraries issue with patch from git
so it is not disastrous

There is also a new pacman-mirrorlist package in testing with the
following change:
* Move to multi-arch and use $arch variable in the list

Please ensure it works with the new pacman; it will not be moving before it.

-Dan