[arch-dev-public] SVN repository maintenance

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 15:45:44 EDT 2010

I'd like to do some maintenance operations on our SVN packages
repository on gerolde at some point (svn-packages). The format is
still that from the 1.4.X series and we can make it a lot more
efficient and get some space savings by doing either an in place
upgrade and modification (easier but not preferred) or by doing a
dump/load into the new format.

In order to do this though, I need to make the repository temporarily
unavailable for everyone for however long this takes. I don't foresee
it taking more than 4 or so hours from start to finish. Does anyone
have any objections with me doing this sometime tonight, e.g. 22nd
June from 3 AM UTC - 7 AM UTC?

-Dan