[arch-dev-public] dbscripts pkg pools

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Tue Jun 22 11:21:21 EDT 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:31:01 -0500, Aaron Griffin
<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de>
> wrote:
>> 1) Do a little test locally (help is more than welcome here)
>
> Testing the db-scripts is always tedious. Any ideas to speed up
> testing would help here.

I did thought about some kind of test suite, but it's probably way to
complicated. So I think I'll do some simple tests locally and then at least
use the dry-run mode for the cleanup script for a while when we start using
this scripts in production.

>> 2) Someone with root access on gerolde/sigurd:
>>     gerolde: install -d -o ftp -g ftp-extra
>> /srv/ftp/packages/arch/{i686,x86_64,any}
>>              rsync the packages/community dir from sigurd
>>              git pull new db-scripts
>>     sigurd:  install -d -o root -g tusers
>> /srv/ftp/packages/community/{i686,x86_64,any}
>>              git pull new db-scripts
>
> Seems right.
>
>> 3) Do we need to adjust our rsync modules for our mirrors?
>
> Yeah, I think so - the package pool dirs need to be in there, or else
> the symlinks will be broken.

I think creating the needed dirs and adjusting the rsync module/job can be
done right now. (It shouldn't harm if those dirs aren't used atm)