[arch-dev-public] archboot release homepage created

Thayer Williams thayerw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 11:07:47 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Thayer Williams <thayerw at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This seemed like a good place, actually:
>>> http://www.archlinux.org/projects/
>>>
>>> And those are all in the DB, and some are probably dead. We could give
>>> that page a bit more visibility though.
>>
>> I was planning to move the Arch-related Projects page to the wiki,
>> along with the International Forums and IRC Channels pages (better
>> internationalization support, revision history, etc.).  The template
>> pages are already there:
>>
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Related_Projects
>
> Probably not a bad idea. I'm not sure why these are on the main site
> now that you say it; it probably just predates us having a mediawiki
> install. We already link to certain wiki pages in a few places from
> the front page too.

My thoughts exactly.  The Press page is a good example of how well it
works.  Many distros (fedora, suse, etc) already use their wiki for
internal documentation, so why not take advantage of the benefits?
History, discussion pages and translations are all helpful and we can
still lock pages against tampering when necessary.

I was thinking we could use something like Official: or Arch: as an
article prefix, but haven't planned that far ahead yet.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread. My original point being that
perhaps the archboot release stuff should belong in the wiki as well.