[arch-dev-public] monotone needs botan 1.8.x

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 5 14:55:56 CET 2010

On 05/03/10 22:24, Ionut Biru wrote:
> On 01/26/2010 06:25 PM, Ionut Biru wrote:
>> On 01/26/2010 06:22 PM, Andrea Scarpino wrote:
>>> Hi DEVs,
>>> monotone in [extra] does not work with the current boost (FS#17297). It
>>> requires explicitly boost< 1.9. It's orphan too.
>>> So, we have two possibility now:
>>> 1) add boost18 to [extra]
>>> 2) move monotone to AUR
>>>
>>> What do you think about?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>

>> clarification, is botan not boost
>
> we didn't have much replies here about what method we should implement.
> I tend to like 1) more and if there are not complains, i'll commit the
> changes tonight.

Changed the title to reflect botan not boost dep.

Looking at the release notes, monotone appears to ship with an internal
version of botan.  Can you just use that rather than making an
additional package?

As an aside, I had never heard of monotone before which makes me think
that this could be an AUR candidate.  I could be very wrong...

Allan