[arch-dev-public] monotone needs botan 1.8.x

Andrea Scarpino andrea at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 5 18:00:32 CET 2010

On Friday 05 March 2010 17:54:25 Marq Schneider wrote:
> I wanted to ask: why did botan get updated to using the development
> (1.9.x) branch instead of the stable (1.8.x) branch?  Arch jumped from
> 1.8.5 to 1.9.3 back in November.  I am all for keeping packages
> up-to-date, but i am not sure that i agree with hopping to the
> development branch.  I don't follow the botan mailing list at all, but
> the stable branch is still worked on (now up to 1.8.8).  If nothing
> requires 1.9.x, would it do any harm to revert botan to 1.8.x?
No one notice us of this before.

Someone flagged it as out-of-date and I, stupid, updated it without look at
upstream site where they say that botan 1.9.x is the development trunk.

I am looking if this will broke anything, otherwise I will proceed downgrading
botan to 1.8.8.

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer