[arch-dev-public] Rebuild list scripts

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Mar 10 07:46:22 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, 10. März 2010 02:49:57 schrieb Allan McRae:
> Hi,
>
> I know of at least three of us that have written rebuild list scripts.
> Can we get a common one into devtools or something?
>
> I posted one here a long time ago.  See:
> http://allanmcrae.com/scripts/rebuildlist .
>
> There is also a script that tries (and fails) to give a rebuild order:
> http://allanmcrae.com/scripts/rebuildorder .  It parses "pacman -Si
> <pkg>" to get deps so misses makedeps altogether...
>
> Or could we get something running on gerolde.  It could be efficient and
> create a list of needed libraries for each package which is then updated
> via a cron job. Then generating a rebuild list would be a grep and could
> even be down automatically through the TODO list interface...
>
> Allan

See http://www.mail-archive.com/arch-dev-public@archlinux.org/msg08609.html

I could work on improving that; but at that time my suggestion to create those
link db files and put them on the mirrors didn't find much support. There was
also this approach to put those lists into each package itself (see pacman-dev
for sodeps)

However: I could work on a more robust script and put it into dbscripts and
let it run on gerolde. A client side script (e.g. in devtools)( could then
generate rebuild lists. For example something like:

	create-rebuild-list foo-1.1.pkg.tar.gz foo-1.2.tar.xz > rebuild-list.txt