[arch-dev-public] [signoff] vi-050325-3 (1 for each arch)

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 23:17:53 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 07.03.2010 20:41, schrieb Paul Mattal:
>> Please signoff 1 for each arch.
>>
>> This is just packaging cleanup, and should have no subtantive impact on
>> the functioning of vi. Mostly just looking for an extra sanity check
>> here, nothing specific to test.
>>
>> See FS#18215 for details. Highlights:
>>
>> * removed obsolete gcc bug workaround portion of du.patch, renamed to
>> navkeys.patch
>> * used make options rather than manual means of configuration wherever
>> possible
>>
>> - P
>>

> I used this, but when I use the arrow keys while in insert mode, it
> prints "D" instead of moving around. Is that normal?

That's the way crappy vi's behave on all flavor of unicies. It's
annoying as hell.

What is this "navkeys" patch? It appears to add support for
home/end/pgup/pgdn. While I'm not a huge fan of that (patching and
all), broken keys in shitty vi's is one of my biggest annoyances (at
work I regularly use 5-10 machines with varying vi versions and 90%
are just broken).

If we're already patching the navkeys in vi and are ok with that, why
not add arrow keys in there too?