[arch-dev-public] Removing *.db.tar.gz.old files?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 18:58:46 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just wondering if we really need those *.old backup files that the
> dbscripts create. Even if something really went wrong. the old file most
> likely wont match the package set anyway and we could easily recreate it using
> repo-add.
>
> So, any objection to remove those files and their creation from dbscripts?

So yes, these are created by repo-add as you noted. I don't have any
objection from removing them from dbscripts, but for sane usages of
repo-add these backup files are fine. By "sane", I mean all operations
are batched into one go; e.g. adding 3 packages at once.

I think Aaron has the right idea though and just don't copy the old
files out of the temp directory.

-Dan