[arch-dev-public] [signoff] pcre-8.02-1

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 00:41:44 CET 2010


pcre-8.02-1 is in testing. The x86_64 pkg will be there later (wonder
will build it). Please test and signoff.

-minor upstream update

Version 8.02 19-Mar-2010

1.  The Unicode data tables have been updated to Unicode 5.2.0.

2.  Added the option --libs-cpp to pcre-config, but only when C++ support is

3.  Updated the licensing terms in the pcregexp.pas file, as agreed with the
    original author of that file, following a query about its status.

4.  On systems that do not have stdint.h (e.g. Solaris), check for and include
    inttypes.h instead. This fixes a bug that was introduced by change 8.01/8.

5.  A pattern such as (?&t)*+(?(DEFINE)(?<t>.)) which has a possessive
    quantifier applied to a forward-referencing subroutine call, could compile
    incorrect code or give the error "internal error: previously-checked
    referenced subpattern not found".

6.  Both MS Visual Studio and Symbian OS have problems with initializing
    variables to point to external functions. For these systems, therefore,
    pcre_malloc etc. are now initialized to local functions that call the
    relevant global functions.

7.  There were two entries missing in the vectors called coptable and poptable
    in pcre_dfa_exec.c. This could lead to memory accesses outsize the vectors.
    I've fixed the data, and added a kludgy way of testing at compile time that
    the lengths are correct (equal to the number of opcodes).

8.  Following on from 7, I added a similar kludge to check the length of the
    eint vector in pcreposix.c.

9.  Error texts for pcre_compile() are held as one long string to avoid too
    much relocation at load time. To find a text, the string is searched,
    counting zeros. There was no check for running off the end of the string,
    which could happen if a new error number was added without updating the

10. \K gave a compile-time error if it appeared in a lookbehind assersion.

11. \K was not working if it appeared in an atomic group or in a group that
    was called as a "subroutine", or in an assertion. Perl 5.11 documents that
    \K is "not well defined" if used in an assertion. PCRE now accepts it if
    the assertion is positive, but not if it is negative.

12. Change 11 fortuitously reduced the size of the stack frame used in the
    "match()" function of pcre_exec.c by one pointer. Forthcoming
    implementation of support for (*MARK) will need an extra pointer on the
    stack; I have reserved it now, so that the stack frame size does not

13. A pattern such as (?P<L1>(?P<L2>0)|(?P>L2)(?P>L1)) in which the only other
    item in branch that calls a recursion is a subroutine call - as in the
    second branch in the above example - was incorrectly given the compile-
    time error "recursive call could loop indefinitely" because pcre_compile()
    was not correctly checking the subroutine for matching a non-empty string.

14. The checks for overrunning compiling workspace could trigger after an
    overrun had occurred. This is a "should never occur" error, but it can be
    triggered by pathological patterns such as hundreds of nested parentheses.
    The checks now trigger 100 bytes before the end of the workspace.

15. Fix typo in configure.ac: "srtoq" should be "strtoq".

More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list