[arch-dev-public] upgrade path for some config files?

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Thu Mar 25 11:48:26 CET 2010

Am Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:25:19 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:

> > pacman -Sf cups will be, for most definitions, safe. pacman will
> > move any conflicting files to .pacorig and the user will then have
> > to handle them accordingly.
> >

> Are we having an announcement made for this?  It is not a usual
> upgrade.
>
> Allan

[2010-03-25 08:24] warning: /etc/cups/printers.conf saved as /etc/cups/printers.conf.pacsave
[2010-03-25 08:24] warning: /etc/cups/classes.conf saved as /etc/cups/classes.conf.pacsave

Nothing gets lost. http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=731149 - there's help for our users.
I'll have an eye on it.

If you think an announcement is needed please drop a small note that pacman -Sf cups is needed this time.

-Andy