[arch-dev-public] GNOME 2.30 release plans

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Mar 31 13:03:01 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 09:24 +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 29/03/10 00:31, Jan de Groot wrote:
> > Tarballs for GNOME 2.30.0 are due for March 29, 23:59 UTC. This means
> > new tarballs will get uploaded to the FTP today and tomorrow. Final
> > release is on Wednesday March 30.
> > At this moment I'm trying to follow the flow of tarballs in
> > gnome-unstable. Plans are to get this fully packaged in gnome-unstable.
> > When all is done, it should move to extra, I don't want to get another
> > duplication process through testing.
> >
> > As it looks now, GNOME 2.30.0 should be done in gnome-unstable on
> > wednesday or thursday, we could have it in extra on saturday.
> >

> Sounds good to me.  I am holding off the heimdal rebuilds until this has
> moved.

Plans have changed a bit. Ionut has done a great job packaging all the
final versions while I was working or playing chess. I just packaged a
few rebuilds for gnome-desktop and libxklavier, they're in the
gnome-unstable repository also.
I would propose to move this to extra right after GNOME 2.30.0 has been
announced upstream, this will be the fastest GNOME release on Archlinux
ever.