[arch-dev-public] mesa versions

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Wed Mar 31 14:13:52 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 07:08 -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> What happened here? Was the downgrade to pkgrel of 0.1 on purpose (it
> doesn't seem to be in SVN), or did these sneak in via someones staging
> dir unintentionally?
> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/mesa/
>
> It is mesa and all of its split packages.
>
> -Dan

This is on purpose. There's a 7.7.1-1 in testing, which contains
experimental stuff which I don't want in extra. As I need 7.7.1 in extra
for bugfixes and possible issues by linking GNOME 2.30 and friends
against it, I decided to make a 7.7.1-0.1 build that is compatible with
the 7.7 release in extra.
The changes have been committed directly to repos/* instead of trunk, as
trunk contains the latest changes for testing.

When GNOME has moved in I would like to start experimenting with
xorg-server 1.8, the new intel driver and mesa 7.8.