[arch-dev-public] no signoff

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Mar 31 21:41:52 CEST 2010

Am Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:53:57 +0200
schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:

> Now that Pierre fixed lirc for us (neither tpowa nor I were able to do
> it due to time constraints), here is the signoff for 2.6.33 and the
> related modules.
>
> Please sign off, so we can finally move 2.6.33.

The current kernel has several issues. One major are NFS lockups. A fix
is in the stable queue. This is a stopper to me.

Beside this it has sound issues on my notebook introduced by the MSI
changes. It also has KMS issues related to MSI. The KMS can be solved
by using UMS or boot option pci=nomsi.

There's a new stable release review just going. Grek has 156 patches in
review.

I think we should wait for 2.6.33.2 and maybe even longer. There's no
need to hurry. Moving the kernel will also force us to move mesa/libdrm
for new nouveau and ati drivers.

-Andy