[arch-dev-public] no signoff

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Mar 31 22:44:31 CEST 2010

Am Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:03:53 +0200
schrieb Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org>:

> Am 31.03.2010 21:41, schrieb Andreas Radke:
> > I think we should wait for and maybe even longer. There's
> > no need to hurry. Moving the kernel will also force us to move
> > mesa/libdrm for new nouveau and ati drivers.
> That definitely won't happen, as these packages don't work at all for
> me
> - the X server simply crashes within a few minutes.

You cannot move the .33 kernel without the corresponding Xorg packages.
There's an Intel driver update pending that Jan wants to do. Xorg with
KMS just depends deeply on the kernel drm interface.

So far I don't know of any useful crash reports in our tracker. Neither
for Nouveau/Ati nor Intel.

And there's definitely no need to rush. The kernel and Xorg are
independent from all other rebuilds. But for sure they should be moved
before mesa7.8 and Xorg1.8 will go to testing.


More information about the arch-dev-public mailing list