[arch-dev-public] dbscripts pkg pools

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun May 2 16:53:37 CEST 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:05:19 -0500, Aaron Griffin
<aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That is going to be a painful initial rsync...  Is it just the clean-up
>> script that can not handle the change?
>
> I'm sure we could figure something out... the cleanup script does one
> thing that is incompatible: it removes (rm) files from each repo if
> not in the DB - this assumes it is a symlink. It should be fairly easy
> to replace that with a "if symlink, rm, else mv to cleanup"
>
> Can anyone else see anything incompatible here?

I think its really only the cleanup script that is directly affected.
db-update doesn't need to know about old packages, db-move and db-remove
only work on db files and use mv which should also work with symlinks.

I think it's definetly worth to modify the cleanup script to handle both
layouts...a complete resync will produce a lot of unnessecary traffic.

The issue left is the community repo.