[arch-dev-public] dbscripts pkg pools

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun May 2 18:10:40 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2 May 2010 10:54:30 -0500, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com>
> How's this?

Looks good to me.

>> The issue left is the community repo.
> Ideas?

Well, if we want to use the same scripts for community and the same layout
we have to put them into different root dirs (FTP_BASE) as you already
suggested. Maybe we should also cleanup the root dir auf our ftp and put
repos into a sub dir.

What about a directory structure like this? We could also remove the os
subdir and backwards compatibility could be achieved by some symlinks.

└── repo
    ├── arch
    │   ├── core
    │   ├── extra
    │   ├── packages
    │   └── testing
    └── community
        ├── community
        ├── community-testing
        └── packages

The actual names might not be final, but with this structure we separate
our repos from everything else on the ftp and we separate the "official"
and community repos from each other.