[arch-dev-public] [signoff] popt 1.16-1

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Mon May 10 12:40:16 EDT 2010

Am 10.05.2010 17:50, schrieb Andrea Scarpino:
> Upstream release.

According to this:
http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2010-May/016721.html

Can you please move libpopt.so* from /usr/lib to /lib? This would be
important for the next cryptsetup release to move to core.

Remark: To ensure proper dynamic linking, it should look like this:
/usr/lib/libpopt.a
/usr/lib/libpopt.so -> /lib/libpopt.so
/lib/libpopt.so -> libpopt.so.0
/lib/libpopt.so.0 -> libpopt.so.0.X.Y
/lib/libpopt.so.0.X.Y

Without the libpopt.so symlink in /usr/lib/, the linker will always
choose the static library over the dynamic one on build-time. I ran into
problems with this a lot already :(

If you are unsure what to do, please notify me and I will help.