[arch-dev-public] [signoff] gettext-0.18-1
t.powa at gmx.de
Fri May 14 06:45:11 EDT 2010
Hi bump to latest version,
Version 0.18 - May 2010
* Runtime behaviour:
- On MacOS X and Windows systems, <libintl.h> now extends setlocale() and
newlocale() so that their determination of the default locale considers
the choice the user has made in the system control panels.
- On MacOS X systems, the gettext()/dgettext()/... functions now respect the
locale of the current thread, if a thread-specific locale has been set.
* PO file format:
There is a new field 'Language' in the header entry. It denotes the
code (plus optional country code) for the PO file. This field can be used
by automated tools, such as spell checkers. It is expected to be more
reliable than looking at the file name or at the 'Language-Team' field in
the header entry.
msgmerge, msgcat, msgen have a new option --lang that allows to specify
this field. Additionally, msgmerge fills in this new field by looking at
the 'Language-Team' field (if the --lang option is not given).
* xgettext and PO file format:
For messages with plural forms, programmers can inform the translators
about the range of possible values of the numeric argument, like this:
/* xgettext: range: 0..15 */
This information 'range: 0..15' is stored in the PO file as a flag attached
to the message. Translators can produce better translations when they know
that the numeric argument is small.
* Colorized PO files:
msgattrib, msgcomm, msgconv, msgen, msgfilter, msggrep, msginit, msgmerge,
msgunfmt, msguniq, xgettext now have options --color and --style, like
has since version 0.17.
* msgmerge is up to 10 times faster when the PO and POT files are large.
This speedup was contributed by Ralf Wildenhues.
* msgcmp has a new option -N/--no-fuzzy-matching, like msgmerge has since
* msgfilter now sets environment variables during the invocation of the
filter, indicating the msgid and location of the messge being processed.
* xgettext now can extract plural forms from Qt 4 programs. The recommended
xgettext command-line options for this case are:
--qt --keyword=tr:1,1t --keyword=tr:1,2c,2t --keyword=tr:1,1,2c,3t
* xgettext --language=GCC-source now recognizes also the format strings
used in the Fortran front-end of the GCC compiler, and marks them as
* autopoint can now be used to update several PO directories all together.
* PO mode changes:
- PO files with plural entries are now correctly handled.
- Editing a message with previous msgid (in comments) removes these
comments. Contributed by Noritada Kobayashi.
* The po/Makevars file has a new field MSGMERGE_OPTIONS, that can be used
to adjust msgmerge's operation.
* The use of the macro AM_GNU_GETTEXT without 'external' argument and the
--intl option of the gettextize program are deprecated and will be removed
in the next release. Instead of including the intl sources in your package,
we suggest making the libintl library an (optional) prerequisite of your
* Updated the meaning of 'gcc-internal-format' to match GCC 4.3.
* Installation options:
The configure options --without-cvs and --with-git can be used to specify
whether 'autopoint' will use the 'cvs' program, or the 'git' program, or
none at all. These options allow to trade dependencies against installed
package size: If --without-cvs is specified and --with-git is not specified,
'autopoint' will not rely on 'cvs' or 'git', but will instead rely on a
locally installed a 3 MB large archive.
- The msgfilter program now also works on native Woe32 platforms.
- Compiled C# message catalogs now also work with 'mono' versions from 2009
please signoff both arches,
Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer (tpowa)
tpowa at archlinux.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the arch-dev-public