[arch-dev-public] NFS v3 file locking issue with OpenOffice

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed May 19 12:22:31 EDT 2010

Am Thu, 13 May 2010 16:37:49 +0200
schrieb Andreas Radke <a.radke at arcor.de>:

> upstream update 2.6.32.13. our gcc4.5 patch went upstream.
>
> -Andy

Since I've updated my server from .27 lts kernel to .32 series I've run
into a small but annoying issue. I'm running nfs v3 nothing special.

my options in /etc/exports: /path/to/share IP(rw,async,no_root_squash)

OpenOffice is no more able to open files in writable mode. Somehow the
server fails to lock the file properly and OOo refuses to safe files /
refused to open files in writable mode.

It seems there have been file locking issues in the past with OOo and
some other apps
http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/bugs/openoffice-over-nfs.jspx

It happens with our Arch OOo pkg and also with a client running Ubuntu
Lucid here.

I'd rather like to fix this and don't want to step up to nfs v4 right
now.

Can somebody confirm my locking issue and that it's caused by .32
kernels? Any idea how to solve it?

-Andy