[arch-dev-public] shadow package history

Ionut Biru biru.ionut at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:37:56 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

i wanted to fix FS#16802 which is about newusers and chpasswd utilities
from shadow. Even the fix is available in bugtracker, i'm not quite sure
if we have this bug because something got changed upstream.

I've found out that we are using a custom default pam module for about
all except one and that in shadow source they provide in etc/pam.d some
configuration.

I don't know the history of the arch package and why we are using custom
configs and i've found that any other distribution out there doesn't
have this bug that we have. So my worries are that we kinda package
shadow very badly.

So anyone know why we are using that custom config? Anyone know how to
fix shadow? Personally i don't know a thing about it.

--
Ionut