[arch-dev-public] shadow package history

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Fri May 21 12:32:05 EDT 2010

Am 21.05.2010 17:37, schrieb Ionut Biru:
> So anyone know why we are using that custom config? Anyone know how to
> fix shadow? Personally i don't know a thing about it.

We've had some of those cases recently. Most of the time, upstream
didn't provide configuration files in the past, or provided broken
configuration files which have since then been fixed.

What we should do in these cases is evaluate if switching to the
upstream configuration leads to a reasonable default configuration for
Arch, and a smooth upgrade path.

I didn't look at shadow in particular, but my guess is that their
defaults would be safe to use.