[arch-dev-public] Xfce 4.8pre1 to testing?

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Wed Nov 10 21:56:28 CET 2010

New Xfce 4.8pre1 release is out for testing. It requires some
important packaging changes. I'm running it on my two systems at home
and it's in a usable state.

But as expected there are some issues with power management und panel
plugins. Because I need user feedback I'd like to bring it early
straight to testing. I don't like to miss our devtools and don't want to
create a new Xfce4-unstable repo. I don't need it that often like the
gnome packagers do.

Xfce packages in testing wouldn't harm anything else. The final release
is expected for Jan. 16th 2011.

-Andy