[arch-dev-public] initscripts/mkinitcpio/netcfg maintenance

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Nov 19 07:58:25 CET 2010

While looking through bugs for [core] packages, I notice that there are
a large number of bug report for these three packages.  In total they
account for ~13% of the bugs in the tracker!

Firstly, I want to clarify that I'm not here to point fingers at anyone
for not dealing with these bugs.  We all only have limited time...

But given these are some of the uniqueness of Arch, I wonder what we _as
a group_ could to do to improve this situation?  Perhaps organize a
hack-a-thon on IRC one day?  Or we could advertise for help, with the
selection criterion being a git repo provided by the applicant showing
they can do stuff?

Comments/ideas?

Allan