[arch-dev-public] [signoff] nano-2.2.5-2

Andreas Radke a.radke at arcor.de
Fri Nov 19 16:16:14 CET 2010

Am Fri, 19 Nov 2010 14:31:06 +0100
schrieb Andrea Scarpino <andrea at archlinux.org>:

> Fix dependencies.
>
> signoff both, thanks.

Any reason why you are touching my pkg? I can't remember a bug report
or a mail from you.

I've just seen it on Allan's list for the core rebuilds.
But shouldn't the rebuilds start _after_ a toolchain bump itself he
expected this after a binutils and glibc release?

For the dependencies I'm no more sure about our own rules. Yes, a
command line editor is known to run from a shell but it's technically
not a linked dep we need to install the nano pkg.

In the past we agreed that it can be expected to have the whole base
group installed on any Arch users system at runtime and the base-devel
group and build time and so we didn't add additional deps needed from
these groups to build and run the packages. Did we change that? Would
the Arch iso installer fail? Or is it just for perfection?

-Andy