[arch-dev-public] Fixing packages with broken sources
pierre at archlinux.de
Mon Nov 22 15:09:39 CET 2010
Hello Devs and TUs,
as you might know some licenses require providing the sources somehow.
While fixing the sourceballs script which implements this I discovered
quit a lot of broken PKGBUILDs. We really need to fix those asap as this
also breaks ABS and makes rebuilds a real pain (and impossible to
automate in future).
I have setup a todo list which can be found at
http://www.archlinux.org/todo/48/ (there are also links to the raw logs
if you like to see why makepkg failed)
Here is how to fix it:
* If you just missed uploading a source file to svn there is no need to
repackage; just add that file and run archrelease $repo-$arch And: use
devtools in futuer which prevent such errors
* If the checksum is wrong: Have a look why this happened! This might
be a serious problem. You need to rebuild and rerelase the package with
a new pkgrel of course.
* Upstream source has moved. If the checksum is still the same, just
update the source url and use archrelease. No need to repackage.
* Upstream source is gone. If there is a new version, update to that.
If that happens regulary or there is no releiable upstream source you
should upload the source to ftp.archlinux.org/other/$pkgname. If the
source file is quite big, let me know; so I can blacklist it as there is
no need to mirror it twice.
Also, let me know if there are any false positives.
Pierre Schmitz, https://users.archlinux.de/~pierre
More information about the arch-dev-public