[arch-dev-public] Source package creation repaired

Eric Bélanger snowmaniscool at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 01:00:02 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 6:41 PM, Pierre Schmitz <pierre at archlinux.de> wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I repaired the sourceball creation script the last days. I didn't
> active the cron job yet as a couple of packages should be fixed first
> (will send a new mail about that)
>
> * Similar to the package pool there are now two subdirs for our
> core/extra packages and the ones from community in ftp/sources.
> * The sourceballs user has srcdest set to ~/sourceballs so we don't
> need to redownload sources on every minor update
> * A cron job removes files older than 120 days from that srcdest folder
> * I have added a new rsync module to sigurd in order to provide these
> sources for gerolde
> * Instead of logging to files the plan is to send the output of the
> scripts to the arch-notifications mailing list

A few suggestions about the notification email:

1) It would be helpfull to list the failed packages (content of
failed.txt wich you apparently removed) before the makepkg output.  At
a glance, we'll be able to see if one of our package has failed
without going through pages of output.  Maybe it won't be as useful
after we fix the current packages.

2) Seperate the makepkg output of each failed package with an empty
line or a long line of dashes or equal signs.  It'll make them easier
to distinguish.

3) The script is checking for multilib repos for i686.  As it dosn't
find the db it just aborts but we should just skip the check.  This
will enable us to not send the email if there are no failures.