[arch-dev-public] Python rebuild on its way to [testing]

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 4 06:38:48 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am in the process of moving the python rebuild into the [testing] and
[community-testing] repositories.

There are still a few packages that need rebuilt (the various openoffice
incarnations and virtualbox-ose) so if you desperately need them you may
want to hold off updating.  Other than those packages, this will
hopefully be a nice smooth update...  I hear some TUs have been running
the [staging] repo (which I personally think is crazy!)

If you see any of the following, report a bug:
  * files linked to libpython2.6.so.1.0
  * files in /usr/lib/python2.6 or /usr/include/python-2.6
  * files with a "#!/usr/bin/python" or "#!/usr/bin/env python" shebang
  * depends/makedepends/optdepends on "python" instead of "python2"
  * packages that no longer work...

And I mean report a bug...  an email is not enough.

Allan